Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Chris Hadfield: Float Over This Way, Space Commander

Maybe it's the whole amazing spinny weightlessness thing, but I've seen all of two videos he posted during his time on the International Space Station and I've got it bad for Commander Chris Hadfield of Ontario and Space.


Dude, let's have a weightless wedding cake. Which would make crumbs... So a block of wedding fudge, perhaps? Maple flavored fudge. Because I would love to be Canadian.

Actually, Chris Hadfield landed back on Earth this Monday, so his appeal may lessen, like his bone density surely did in space. But at least I've got tons of YouTube clips to peruse until the next space man catches my eye.

He even made a couple of musical firsts, being the first person to record an album in space.



Apparently there was a David Bowie tribute, but I'll let you go find that on your own.

Pros: Seems super cool due to weightlessness, knows how to keep a neat living space.
Cons: Happily married to his high school sweetheart with whom he has three grown children, no longer in space. 2 points.

Well if no one else is going to say it, I will...



*Edit: Sorry to overfill this post with video clips, but after having sought out the Bowie clip, I feel I would be remiss if I didn't post it here. Because now that I've seen it, I'm going to go ring shopping. I am not going to leave it up to you to find. Because if you're as lazy as I am, you never will. And that would be a shame. Enjoy. (Thanks and much love to C.A. for this!)


No comments:

Post a Comment